Saturday 19 October 2024

Walking Beneath a Canopy of Autumn Colour

 This finds me in Suffolk, England, on a day of resting before our long flight back to Australia. It is actually raining, so we are happily snug in our little cottage with a view of a pretty garden and the farm horses. We have continued to enjoy autumn colour, but not as vibrant as on the island. A post about Suffolk will come later.

Dunk River Trail

I had enjoyed this trail in May 2022 and fell in love with its green canopy. 



Its autumn canopy, with its tranquil stream gently flowing, most certainly didn't disappoint.

The road approaching Dunk River.

Coffee view of Scales Pond, just above the trail's start.

International Memorial Children's Place

My stroll commences down river.
















Turning around.

Retracing my steps, my shutter was still being clicked regularly, but I have managed to find some self control and haven't added too many of them.







And back to the carpark.

An anti-clockwise, circular stroll around Mooney's Pond. 

Each year we have to visit Mooney's Pond. I had enjoyed its autun colours in 2019, so I was definitely wasn't going to miss a visit this year. I left it until almost our last day to hopefully see it in full colour. We were so fortunate that the wind and rain of the past week only accentuated the wonderful colours.

Approaching Mooney's Pond.

May 2023




The Morrell River management group have done a sensational job clearing after 2022's Hurricane Fiona's devastion.


Anticlockwise circular walk.




Approaching the far end of the pond.


Opposite view from the bridge.

I spent a long time on the bridge happily observing all the changes the wind and sunshine made on the water's surface.









Returning to the car on the opposite shoreline.










And a final view along this spectacular pond.

The colours continued on the drive home.

Autumn - wow, wow, wow! I hope I get to visit in autumn at least one more time.

I would love to read your comment.

2 comments:

  1. We have never been to Mooney’s Pond but we love the Dunk River. Hope to get there this coming week.

    Safe journey home, you two. Take care…until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect places for stunning autumn walks. Beautiful. B x

    ReplyDelete