Monday 9 January 2023

Snapshots of 2022

As I have scrolled endlessly through the images I have taken throughout the year, I am again filled with gratitude for all that I have seen and done. I have so much beauty on my doorstep and wonderful friends to enjoy it with. My selections for each month are random choices.

January

Enjoying summer colour in my garden.

February

Grateful that we weren't inundated. 


March 

An awe-inspiring sunrise, as the floodwaters finally recede.


April 

Rainforest giant.


Sunflower bliss. 


May 

The euphoria of finally being reunited with our Prince Edward family and experiencing the wonder and joy of the arrival of spring and summer. 

Hikes with our son and new friends.


June 

The sheer bliss of a month of hugs and time to hold the hands of our precious Grandchildren


July 

In awe of nature - White Rock Conservation Park.


Girraween National Park. 


August 

A very special 15 km hike with 22 creek crossings, along with other hikers, cyclists and horses.

September
The mesmerising beauty of a campfire down on the family farm.

October
The exhilaration of conquering the Border track, O'Reillys to Binna Burra, in torrential rain.
Before and after!

November
Always excited to see our furry friends.

Sunrise bliss.

December
My December blog posts centred on Christmas outings. When time permitted I took my early morning local walk. Time is often wasted, well perhaps not wasted, as I have to stop and enjoy the views along the Albert River. 
Yes, it was this tranquil river that almost inundated our home in February.
I just love this truly Aussie view.

 This calendar quote is so very true!

Wishing you many beautiful reasons to be happy!

I would love to read your comment.

17 comments:

  1. What a year! So many adventures! The photos are great. Wishing you many adventures, hikes with your friends and many happy hours with your grandchildren in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margi. I look forward to following your adventures in 2023, through your wonderful blog.

      Delete
  2. Your photographic calendar is a great one, Helen. I especially love the one of Frank with the two sweeties! Glorious Australia is a wonderful character in the photos as well as your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. I also love this photo of Frank, Ben and Nora. I will have to take a similar one on our June visit this year.

      Delete
  3. What a great photographic recap of the year gone by. The best part for me is seeing you reunite with your son and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Our visit to PEI was truly special!

      Delete
  4. Nice times-- And a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many special moments in time, near and far! That calendar quote is so fitting especially when I look at your June photo of your husband with your two grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a very special photo, Alexandra. So much happiness in the holding of little hands.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos and wonderful memories.
    Thank you for the fascinating year of posts.
    Happy 2023! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life has been very kind to us, unlike for so many. Peace and joy in 2023, Sara.

      Delete
  7. I agree! It's so hard to whittle down just a few shots as favorites when you (and I!) take thousands. But you definitely had many highlights, and I enjoyed seeing what you chose to feature. Here's hoping for more in-person times with your grandchildren in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. June/July will see us back with our treasures.

      Delete
  8. Your Summer garden is beautiful. Nice recap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Joan. Regular rain makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great year of hikes with friends and time spent with family. Gorgeous photos, Helen. I love the sunflower one.

    ReplyDelete