Saturday, 12 September 2026

Sunshine at Last

Breadablane Trail, Prince Edward Island.

After 5 days of often very heavy rain, this trail and an almost sunny day were just what I needed.  

How had I not found it on my previous visits to the island? So lush, verdant and green. A very slow 6.5 km as I appreciated its shimmering greens, early autumn colour, gurgling stream, berries, moss, little critters and winding, ever-changing trail.

The journey there wasn't too bad either!






The trailhead











The sunshine finally broke through the leaves.


A short distance on the Confederation Trail.




Dunk River at the trail end.

And why I stopped along the way.

















The tree I had to scramble under with great difficulty.


This little critter wasn't happy with me.

Nearing the trail's end.

Morning tea at a conveniently nearby park.

A trail of sheer bliss from start to finish.

I would love to read your comment.

14 comments:

  1. Very autumnal in your corner. Lovely images. Looks like you’re having a good holiday. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep seeing photos on "PEI, Good News" and the colours of autumn now, are just amazing. I so want to be back there.

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Helen, what a lovely place for a nature walk! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos! I am reading your post through another reader (I mentioned a couple of different options on my blog for following blogs), as the Blogger news reader hasn't been updating new blog posts for over 6 days now.
    I hope you have a lovely week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trail was soul uplifting from go to woe, Linda.

      Delete
  3. Hooray! My reading list is working again! Nice to see these great images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful trail - thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you on these hikes, Linda, and wonder just how many images you would come home with?

      Delete
  5. So beautiful. It makes me want to put on my hiking boots and hit the trail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly want to be back there now, enjoying the full autumn colour!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful leaves, interesting fungi and a very nervous squirrel. The way and speed they move looks almost incredible.
    Many plants there on PEI are the same as here (or very near relatives) but the views always look somehow exotic, I wonder if it's the soil... :)
    Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your comment today. We'll keep in touch even if I would stop blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara the squirrel was certainly making a lot of noise and movement to get me to move on, but the seat was beautifully placed to rest and reflect, so he was unhappy for quite some time.

      Delete
  7. Love that trail, Helen. Lots of fungi this time of year!

    Hope you are safely home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine how amazing it must be now, this far into autumn. Safely home and busy catching up on everything.

      Delete