On Thursday, 27 August, 12.20 am, after 32 hours of travel and no sleep, I was finally greeted by my wonderful son at Charlottetown Airport. My body clock was still on Brisbane time, so even though I was feeling totally shattered, I only managed 5 hours of sleep before I was up and cuddling my Grandees.
The week before departure was stressful. Air Canada cancelled my flight from Vancouver to Toronto and offered me a refund, just 5 days before flying! Thankfully, our wonderful travel agent, Alana, spent many hours securing seats for me to travel a day earlier. 'The Book', my Grandfather's memoirs, was finally completed Saturday night. I pressed send Sunday morning, but there was a glitch! I had to wait until 9 am on Monday for assistance. Again, I was rescued by amazing service. Marie from Photobookshop spent most of the day guiding me through the problem. 9.30 am Tuesday finally saw the files successfully sent! The following day, at the same time, I was boarding Air Canada flight ACO36 to Vancouver.
Day one: the family had all left by 8.30. I sorted my luggage and then headed to my favourite pond. My tiredness faded immediately. My photos will tell you why.
Late summer colour
































No comments:
Post a Comment