Saturday 13 May 2023

Welcomed by Feathered Friends

 Tuesday 9 to Thursday 11 May

It was time for a mini break with my husband Frank. We chose a cabin, overlooking the ocean, at Fingal Caravan Park, where I had camped in March. We were able to get an early check-in for midday. We spent the afternoon reading on the verandah, watching and listening to the waves as they ebbed and flowed. The weather was much calmer than on my previous visit.

During the afternoon, the local feathered community flew in, to welcome us. Such a joy.

Lorikeet.


Butcher Birds

A single kookaburra.

A kookaburra duo.



 Sunset hour, Tuesday.

We enjoyed a lovely stroll along the wide, sandy beach. I made a quick dash to the top of my favourite headland, while Frank continued in the opposite direction. His ankle is much-improved thanks to his kinesiologist's visits over the past 5 weeks, but climbing could well undo all the progress.




Back on the verandah, we savoured the sunset colour.

Wednesday we took a country drive.

Mt Warning



Tyalgum

We never tired of our verandah view, especially with a hot cuppa.

We were much later leaving for our walk this afternoon. 
A lovely lady offered to take our photograph. I loved that she took candid shots as well.



Wednesday sunset hour. 

Frank was straight into brisk walking along the 3 km beach, towards the Tweed River. I was constantly turning in every direction to watch the sky dramatically changing. In the end, I didn't walk the last kilometre. I just wanted to relax and enjoy the moment.







5.34 pm - our autumn days are closing in so much earlier.

Thursday morning just after sunrise.

Our mini break was all but over, but I did manage an hour to myself on the headland.

My iPhone camera doesn't begin to capture the playful antics of a quite large pod of dolphins. I just held my camera up and gazed, hoping for some decent images.
 


This was the first time I had seen a surfer jumping into the sea from the rocks, at this headland. I have seen it elsewhere and my heart is in my mouth every time. 

Check out done, we bought a coffee at the local cafe and drove to parkland along the Tweed River. The river view was tranquil. It was a lovely way to relax before the drive home.

I would love to read your comment.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to have all those birds come and visit my veranda! My camera would be clicking. Nice pics of you and your hubby! And you got some great clouds shots too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, they only visited on the first afternoon. Your camera is always rapidly clicking beside me.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely get-away! The surfer has me on the edge of my seat watching the progress. How was he not smashed against those rocks? Knows what to do I imagine.

    I love the kookaburra photos, especially the last one!

    Great news about Frank’s ability to get around well again!

    See you both next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It most certainly was, Marie but only 30 days until the best adventure of the year! By the way, I am the 'anon' on your last blog post. Wifi was really playing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your adventures--- And I'm glad his ankle is better. I want a Kukaburra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cabin overlooking the ocean sounds so divine! Thank you for sharing your beautiful ocean vistas!

    ReplyDelete