Thursday 7 July 2022

The Peonies of The Dunes Studio Gallery and Cafe

Thursday 30 June

The sun was soon to set on our wonderful visit to Prince Edward Island and our very special family.

Tuesday 28 June

Our flight was Thursday at 4 pm. We checked out of our accommodation at 9 pm and drove our son to work. At 2pm, he would drive us to the airport in the car he had loaned us for the duration of our visit.

During our visit, I was fascinated and thrilled to see the daily changes in the scenery, as spring emerged. Buds on the trees, followed by the unfurling of leaves. Yellow dandelion fields turning white. Tulips replaced by lupins. Meadows awakening. It wasn't until our final days that I spotted the occasional peony.
On a previous visit, we had discovered The Dunes. What better place to spend our final morning than in its garden. 























Peonies are the most exquisite blossom. Their stunning beauty lifted my fading spirits at the thought of having to leave the family and this beautiful island, at the end of the day.


I would love to read your comment.

6 comments:

  1. What lovely gardens! I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your son and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got to get some of those peonies they have at the Dunes, Helen!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you had the wonderful time seeing the peonies to help mitigate the sadness of farewell. I'm a terrible softy when it comes to goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty peonies! Oh Helen I can almost feel what your last day in PEI must have been like. I hope all the love and hugs and memories will hold you over until your next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious finale to a blissful 6 weeks with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim Fritzemeier14 July 2022 at 14:59

    I loved the sunrise photos over the water with the lighthouse. The peonies (and other flowers) were beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete