Monday 9 May 2022

Easter at Afterlee - 2022, Part 1

 Easter Sunday - 17th to 21st April

It seems to have become a tradition that I spend Easter at Afterlee, [just outside Kyogle] staying at 'Locheil.' 


A little of the history of 'Locheil', can be found in this post of May 2019.

http://outandabout3.blogspot.com/2019/05/easter-down-on-farm.html

On day 2, I woke to the lovely sound of the 'dawn chorous'. I believe the predominate bird singing is the Currawong.

Video of the chorous and view from my bedroom.

I was soon up and out, enjoying the crisp, fresh air of the now lush, green fields. In contrast to previous visits, the grasses were now taller than me and made progress slow and damp with the heavy morning dew. Had it been summer, I doubt I would have walked as far, for fear of treading on snakes.



I enjoyed a couple of hours wandering. The tensions of city life faded away, as cows mooed softly, in the distance.

I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the morning.

Even when witnessing the decay of the old dairy.



White Ants have attacked.


















Autumn colour beginning to adorn the English trees, planted in 1991, on my Uncle Stan's 70th birthday, by the four Cullen sibblings.


The Staghorns have recovered and have thrived on the constant summer rain.




I am in total awe of this Moreton Bay Fig tree [94 years old], planted by my Grandfather on the 7th birthday of my Uncle Stan. 

It was cool enough for a firepit blaze, as the sun set in a wonderful glow.


I would love to read your comment.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflected cows, wonderful trees, wonderful spiders, a wonderful day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were able to visit! I enjoyed the recording of the birds. We, too, have quite a chorus in our yard in the mornings. It looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to spend Easter holiday. (well, except for that spider!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those staghorn ferns are immense! I love reading about the history of this land. That spider photo is wonderful! (Both color and B&W)

    ReplyDelete