Thursday 1 October 2020

Early Spring in the Bush

 Thursday 27 August 2020

The 27 August, 2015, saw my friend Joc and I hiking the Somerset Trail at Mt Mee, a trail I love to return to. We were overwhelmed with its spectacular nature when we found ourselves walking in a sea of gold, of the Wallum Gold Pea Bush.

[http://outandabout3.blogspot.com/2015/09/magical-mt-mee-walking-in-sea-of-gold.html]

 Each year since, we have tried to time our return to find this magic, but with little success. Lovely wildflowers did greet us ever step of the way this year, but a controlled burn had gone through the  Wallum habitiat. We were disappointed. The burn left a stark beauty but we could see how quickly plants were rejuvenating. Perhaps next year the Wallum Gold Pea Bush will be back more spectacular than ever.

 Wildflowers














The trail








The views across the Brisbane Valley, Wivenhoe and Somerset Dams.





The controlled burn.











Soaking up the the view that I will never tire of!

I would love to read your comment.

9 comments:

  1. That view is exceptional. I miss mountains. The spring growth is gorgeous. It doesn’t take nature long to grow again. I hope the controlled burn helps with the fire situation this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie. I believe you are from New Foundland. Are there many hills / mountains on the island. I follow the photography of Ray Mackey on Facebook and am stunned by the icebergs floating by.The weather for the 1st month of spring has been very pleasant unlike last year, so at this point, there is no fear of bushfires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Springtime in the mountains! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bill. Your mention of 'mountain' made me google the difference between a mountain and a hill. A hill is less than 610m or 2000ft. This trail was at 501m. So different to the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your vegetation, Helen - mostly so different from mine. I do see a purple pea plant which is my nemesis in the perennial garden since it climbs all over the other plants. I love that photo of the vine perpendicular on the tree. A bull moose just ambled across our back yard. Thankfully, he didn't stop to gnaw the aspens! Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous drop of colour to brighten up a dreadful day in the UK. Its been raining for 36 hours now and no sign of stopping. Winter is on its way here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see so many of those flowers in our bush down here too ... it was like visiting old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While these "gardens" aren't as manicured as your previous post, the floral offerings are just as beautiful in a subtler way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete