Tuesday, 14 July 2026

An Early Start Rewarded

 Saturday, July 11 - Brisbane River walk

I am quite often awake from 3 am onwards. On Saturday, I realised by 4.30 am that I was definitely not going back to sleep. There was nothing on my calendar until 5pm. In need of a good walk, I decided to head for the city and catch sunrise. I just love that I can now make these spur-of-the-moment decisions with no traffic to delay me.

Arrival - 5.49 am







6.16 am

The Botanical Gardens - stunning hibiscus.


6.30 am

Just amazing that 360 people have already crossed the Kangaroo Cliff Bridge this early.





7 am

A perfect start to the morning, on what turned out to be quite a hectic day.

There has been precious little time to read my favourite blogs, as I have a project with a deadline. There are too many city events interrupting my schedule. I will get back to reading them.

I would love to read your comments.

15 comments:

  1. ohh wonderful and beautiful flowers...kiss, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hibiscus were stunning.

      Delete
  2. Nice predawn shots of the bridge lights. Love the sunrise - definitely worth getting up early for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Our city is rather lovely at this time of day.

      Delete
  4. Your early morning hours in the city look amazing! My downtown walkways would be a scary unsafe place to be at that hour of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, I just googled our cities. Brisbane has an 88% lower population density. Could be why I feel quite safe out and about.

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to leave a quick note to say thank you for this fantastic article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your early start was richly rewarded! First the blue hour photos, then the gorgeous sunrise. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful start to the day, Peter. One to be repeated and living so close now, can be.

      Delete
  7. The early sunrise pictures of city life are beautiful. Sunset shots are full of people but it looks like you had the world all to yourself. That had to be an unusual feeling - solitude in a city.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie I love your thought - 'solitude in the city'. In fact, by the time I had completed my quiet circuit, all the joggers and Park Run excercises were filling in the footpaths.

      Delete
  8. Kim Fritzemeier29 July 2026 at 08:07

    I am sorry that you are plagued with insomnia, but you certainly got some gorgeous pre-dawn photos from your excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kim. At present the early awakening is helping me to get my book project nearing completion.

    ReplyDelete