Monday 18 April 2022

A Day in the Rainforest

 Tuesday 12 April

With the constant heavy rain we have experienced since Christmas, my walking groups have stayed away from the rainforest circuits. Rain, mud, leeches and rock slides were not appealing. Sadly just last week, in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, a huge landslide took the lives of two British tourists , so safety was another issue. This week we were limited for time so didn't want to drive the hour and a half to the Lamington National Parks and longer trails. We opted for joining 3 trails at Mt Tamborine.  It gave us a total of only 12 kilometres but as my motto is, "Its not the distance but the destination", I was completely happy. In fact, I wished I could have taken it even slower.

Alas, I am very time poor at present so I will just add the photos for you to enjoy. The trees had me in awe! As you view, imagine the birdsong and the trickling sounds of flowing water, which at times became gurgles and at others gushes and roars.

Knoll Lookout Trail




Lookout view - Mt Edwards, which I have climbed.



Cameron Falls

Another view, north

Above the falls.





Rotting but living tree trunk base.

Proof of the living.








Palm Grove Circuit.

View east to the coast, before entering the rainforest.
















Witches Fall Circuit

View west before we very quickly decend to the forest floor.

Named, 'Seasonal Lagoon", and covered in the tiny lilac, exquisite blossom of a rainforest tree.


The forest floor was littered with huge palm fronds.


Black and white image followed by colour image of one of my favourite trees on this walk.


BUT, then appeared this majestic giant!





Witches Falls



All happy and rejuvenated after our wonderful morning.

I would love to read your comment.

10 comments:

  1. I would very slow walking that trail. So much to see and such incredible beauty all around. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I was often left behind. It doesn't make sense to rush on.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the pictures from your beautiful hike! Those trees are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they have all had a growth spurt since my last visit. They just seemed to dominate with their beauty.

      Delete
  3. The flora is different, but the feeling sure reminds me of some our thicker rainforests near the coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bill, I often think that, when looking at your posts.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful! I love the natural photo frame formed by the crook of the tree. Light shining through trees always creates the most beautiful light and shadows. And, wow! Those roots are massive. (12 km sounds like a plenty long hike to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Light beams always slow me down, especially when making the leaves glisten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Majestic Giant is amazing - always love your rainforest posts - so different to anything we have in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. The giants constantly amaze me. Our rainforests are magnificent but
    the trails are so limited.

    ReplyDelete