Monday 7 March 2022

The Soothing Sounds and Beauty of Nature

 Tuesday March 1st

I was awake at 5 am to check that the overnight rain hadn't caused the flood level to rise again. An overwhelming feeling of relief washed over me, when I found that the level had continued to slowly lower.

It was then that the magic of nature filled my heart with an overwhelming sense of peace, for the next hour. 






5.20 am





6 am











I was so grateful for this special hour, as throughout the day the full devastation of the flooding was  revealed, along with the horror of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

You may like to comment here.

7 comments:

  1. The sounds alone on the video would be enough to entrance me but the addition of light adds another level of beauty. The reflections are as perfect as the real things. It is important to hold on to this beauty in our troubled world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...washed over you? I am delighted that it was just relief! Beautiful pictures. Too many horrors these days. It's good to find a time and place to just... be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brings on a big sigh on so many levels...the sights, the sounds and the water at a lower level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting up early might even be worth it for those beautiful photos! I especially love the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post, Helen!
    I have always admired your early morning and late evening and moon photos.
    I'll write you more soon! 💚
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An evocative escape from these troubling times

    ReplyDelete