Thursday 29 July 2021

From Mountain to Sea

A momentous, busy week ! So little time for blogging. 

Monday saw the Gaiter Girls ascending Mt Maroon, a very steep, nearly 600m elevation gain. It was a climb I have wondered if I was capable of, for quite sometime.

I now have the answer. Yes! 

I will write more fully in a later post, but for now, know that the weather was perfect, the sky brillant and the views sensational the higher we went. Six hours return and endless rock scrambling. I was eurphoric! Alas, my legs have complained ever since. Definitely worth every aching muscle!






Wednesday the Hungry Hikers took pity on me, and we completed a leisurely bayside walk of 14 km. We were blessed with yet another blue sky, winter's day. It was a joy to be walking.





The photo story books I have been creating for my grandchildren arrived this week. My hiking friends have given them their seal of approval.

Tomorrow, two friends share a birthday. I have just completed creating  their cake to take on our picnic lunch.

I would love to read your comment!

13 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous, Helen - mountain views, sea views, cake views.
    Thank you for your latest comment. I should make sometimes an 'M' decorated cake too since there is a very important M in my life. :)
    The heat wave has indeed passed, today it has been raining, a lot. We need to improve our sloping yard to stand better the ever heavier rains...
    Stay safe and well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for your kind comment of today! :)
      This summer, taking photos of butterflies has been easier than ever - they are everywhere.
      Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Dear Sara, it seems your weather is always treating you harshly, yet you find so much beauty in it. It makes visitibg your blog such a treat. We have just gone back into lockdown with the Delta varient spreading rapidly. We are fully vaccinated but so many in our community are reluctant or recalcitrant!

      Delete
  2. The cake looks delicious, the books interesting and the photos, spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. It was a spectacular day but, boy oh boy, have my legs made me suffer since!

      Delete
  3. Nice post--- and I love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first pic - it looked impossible! I wonder how long it took the first trail blazer?

      Delete
  4. You are an intrepid group to be sure, Helen. In about five weeks, unless COVID rears its ugly head again, I will be in PEI. Little did I think I would make it there before you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David. Enjoy every beautiful moment on PEI. Sadly your visit will be at least 8 months before I hope to be allowed to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of creating photo books for your grandchildren. I hope this pandemic gets over soon so people can go visit their loved ones. Unfortunately, the US is doing a terrible job....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, our 3 day lockdown is now extended to 8 days. The Delta varient a big concern. It's rampent in Sydney. My friend, Joc has just gone for her 2nd jab and sent a message saying that the centre commented that they were their busiest yet. Why do people wait?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a day you had adventuring up Mt. Maroon! Everything about your photos looks so appealing to me. Making the books for your grandchildren is such a great idea. Some day maybe they will follow in your footsteps hiking the same routes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the books. What a fun way to share your adventures with your grandchildren! That cake looks professional. I'm sure it tasted just as delicious as it looked!

    ReplyDelete