Wednesday 6 March 2019

Nature's Simple Beauty

27 March

These images were taken on a new hike, two hours west of home, with a new group [just for the day] at Paddy's Creek and Ridge, in the Scenic Rim of SE Queensland. The post of the hike will follow soon, I hope.

 



  

Sandstone on the slopes of a volcanic peak. Australia is such an ancient land.
 

 

 

Amazing lichens - these tiny white, spotted, life forms, fascinated me.
 

 

 


White ant sculpture of a dead tree.
 

Looks like this gum is very happy!

Goanna
 

 

  

 

 

Pupa of a moth

 

Grass Tree

Remains of a Grass Tree.
 

Ditto


Aussie mistletoe -  71 species of mistletoe are only found in Australia.


How long ago did this tree fall to be engulfed by the living gum? 


I would love to read your comment.

8 comments:

  1. That was some kind of big bug! And I don't mean your ladybug. Some of the lichen shots had my brain seeing faces all over. One of my more irritating faults. I look forward to seeing the hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting how we all see different things. I was just captivated by the tiny white dots, but now I too can see the faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is all about texture! I also love lichen, and I love trees and their bark. The patterns on the volcanic sandstone are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your photos. So different from what
    I see here in the Pacific NW. Looking forward to the hike recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous post, Helen! As always, the trees and other plants look fascinating. Thank you for the stone photos too! If I could start my life again from the beginning, I would study geology. :)
    Have a happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment today, Helen!
      In the future, I hope to write again more in English since the translations Google offers are not very easy to understand. :)
      Have a lovely week ahead!

      Delete
  6. Fascinating images. Love the peeling bark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I look at images like this, Helen, it reminds me of just how different our two continents are, one shaped by intense heat and tropical rainfall, the ofher carved by ice and snow. And because both countries cover such huge areas the climatic and vegetational features vary so greatly from one area to another.

    ReplyDelete