Monday 29 April 2024

The Joy of Clouds

Clouds

 Our sun is seems to be setting much earlier. I walked across to my neighboours last week, a little after 5 pm. As we chatted, the setting sun reflected soft colour on the whispy clouds to the east. The parrots in the gums near by, began their evening squawking and jostling.


It really is a most beautiful time of day. I just had to grab my camera and head towards the golf ponds.

View to the NW.

Views east and over the ponds.



Laurel then spotted the moon rising on the horizon. Photo with my phone.

With my camera - which I quickly retrieved from next door. Alas, the clouds weren't going to give the moon its chance to shine.


Thursday 25 April was Anzac Day.

The sky that greeted my day.

Cuppa view - 9.30 am.

These clouds swirled across the sky above the Beenleigh Memorial service.

Walking back to my parked car, I happened to look skywards to be greeted by this rare sun halo. A friend sent me her capture.

Belinda's

Anzac moments



I've included this not so great rendition of our National Athem, as the flags had been quite listless throughout the ceremony. They finally got flying as the music became more rousing.

It is a wonderful time of year to be out and about and sky watching.

I would love to read your comment.

17 comments:

  1. I experience much joy in watching whatever goes on in the sky and your photos show why one should take time to look up. I like to figure out what type of clouds they are and what they are telling us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our clouds this week have been grey and damp!

      Delete
  2. I love clouds! They are so interesting. You captured some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to observe the sun halo.

      Delete
  3. That late daylight sky is quite spectacular! The flags somehow knew when to do their best flying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas there has been little colour in the sky this week. Just teasing rain clouds, but a might warmer than your weather! Will spring ever arrive for you?

      Delete
  4. Those clouds "above the Beenleigh Memorial service" were Kelvin-Helmholtz Waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for that information. I have since googled and learnt more about them.

      Delete
  5. Perfect light in those clouds. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning clouds. I do love a good cloud formation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. Whispy winter clouds are my favourite.

      Delete
  7. The clouds and photos are amazing. The scene over the golf course is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, we are very fortunate to have this view across the golf course.

      Delete
  8. Kim Fritzemeier2 May 2024 at 13:35

    I'm a big fan of skies and clouds, too. As your days are getting shorter, ours are getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I hope you are also getting sufficent rain. Everything continues to be lush and green, here.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful. I love the sun halo. I've not seen too many of those. Nice video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peter, that sun halo was such a surprise to see. During the service, I was looking west at blue sky and the 'wave' clouds, hoping they would stay long enough for me to photograph them. Turning east after the service, the sky view was in complete contrast.

    ReplyDelete