Saturday 11 February 2023

Back in August

 The final weekend of August 2023, was spent camping in Killarney, SE Queensland. It was a wonderful weekend participating in the Waddle, Saddle, Ride Event.

I wrote about it here but didn't have time to share the post-Waddle activity that we enjoyed or the journey home photos. 

http://outandabout3.blogspot.com/2022/09/waddle-saddle-pedal.html

The caravan park had its own country identity.



Sale yards were beside the van park, and even though it was the weekend, cattle could be heard being moved from pen to pen. For me, a lovely sound.

We returned to the park about mid-afternoon. Refreshed after a shower and some lunch, we drove through the lovely countryside to the beautiful Queen Mary Falls.

Views on the way.









Accommodation with a fabulous vista near the falls.

Queen Mary Falls - We were able to complete a 4 kilometre circuit walk to the base of the falls.



I had previously visited the above falls on a number of occasions. As we drove back down the mountain, there was time to pull into the viewing point for Dags Falls. What an oversight not to have viewed them before.

The sun was setting as we drove back to Killarney, making for the perfect finale of a magnificent and rewarding day.

5.30 pm sunset colour.




The following morning dawned overcast, and it wasn't long before we were driving in drizzle.  It had been a year of constant rain and the small country council was unable and still is unable to keep road surfaces in repair. 
We drove slowly and enjoyed the Aussie countryside, mist and open spaces. We passed very few other vehicles.











The saying "You can take the girl out of the country,
                     but you can't take the country out of the girl"!  is so very true in my case.

I would love to read your comment.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful scenery, great captures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beautiful part of SE Queensland, Bill. I hope to return soon.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful countryside! I would take that setting over a large city any day.

    I especially like the photos with the cattle. Also the waterfall which is like a veil in your photos. The sound of the water is refreshing!

    You have such lovely adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree, Marie, but fortunately, our city has large areas of green space.
      We wasted a lot of time enjoying the 'green', cattle and little stream.
      It is very special that I have like minded friends.

      Delete
  3. I love your scenery photos! Those are two tall waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very atmospheric drive and the waterfalls were at their best after a good year of rain.

      Delete

  4. Such beautiful country shots. I am glad you went back in time to share them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. It is lovely to read that everyone is enjoying them as much as I do.

      Delete
  5. I know you loved seeing the cattle! Lots of greenery to enjoy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the best weekend, Barb, amongst many. I am very fortunate.

      Delete
  6. Great photos! The countryside is beautiful. I do agree with the saying at the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give me open spaces anytime, Margi.

    ReplyDelete