Friday 10 December 2021

Summer Colour and Rain

As I mentioned in my previous post, the summer rains have come early and in plentiful supply. The impact of regular good falls is amazing. Lush, 'GREEN' lawns and vistas. Such a joy to see.

Gardens are flourishing and my daily walk sees me stopping regularly to catch the beauty on my phone.

My garden, and lower image - a neighbours.

Mine again.





Gardens I pass.



About one kilometre from my home, there is a wonderful view across the valley. 
These images below are side by side in reality. Only metres seperate them. 
My walk takes me down the hill and along the fenceline to the river trail.

In a normal summer, it is unusual to see so much vibrant colour.

The frangipani and its many wonderful colours.

Bottom L - Mock Orange [it has the sweetest perfume]


Pony Tail fern

The Poinciana flowers after the Jacaranda. Its intense red is spectacular, but can be lost in its new foliage.  


Our 'green' view across the golf course. 
The groundsmen never stop mowing. The grass is just growing so fast. 
The extra deluges we have had, has resulted in both the mowing and play stopping.

Our park services have had the same battle. 




Here they managed to trim around the tree, but the ground is too sodden, after 2 evening thunderstorms. Both storms brought 25 mm or an inch on consequtive evenings this week.

The storms bring crisp, cool mornings with clear, blue skies. Our gums shimmer in the early morning light. [5.30 am]



The  pond always brings joy, but more so, when it looks this tranquil with its perfect reflections.

Gumnuts from the flowering Eucalpyt and new foliage growth. 

Damp, long grass, hiding mushrooms.

There has been increased butterfly numbers, but this is the only one to settle long enough for me to take a photo.

I was so relieved that I saw this web just seconds from walking through it.


Summer - backyard, mango season!

Friday morning's walk was after the storm of the previous evening. It was very apparent that the ground and vegetation were saturated. 








As the sun rose higher, [6.30am] the surface ground moisture rapidly evaportated, creating dense clouds and growing humidity.  Yet another sweaty day was ahead. 

At present we have a very large flock of Corellas inhabitating the trees of the golf course. They squawk non stop from before dawn and to well after dusk. Sunrise is presently at 4.30am.  They have become the alarm for me to get up and be off walking from 5am on.  It is a most beautiful time of day.

Dawn chorous of the Corellas.

I would love to read your comment.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting abundant rainfall where you live. Everything looks so green and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The views you see for your early morning walks are wonderful sights to awaken your senses! I like the Pony Tail Fern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos, Helen. Just wonderful flowers and trees!
    Walks starting at 5 am sound lovely.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beauty, lush greens and bright colours. It is so good to see this colour rather than reports of fires.

    I am particularly struck by the ponytail fern, the name is perfect and so is the plant!

    Thank you for sharing this beauty at your door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fine pictures, beautiful yards, plants, flowers, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu have such a beautiful place to walk in Nature, Helen. Your landscape is so different than mine - so green and lush. I think I'm an early riser,but you beat me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful splash of colours and sounds to brighten up a desperately grey day here in the UK

    ReplyDelete