Saturday 9 September 2017

Happiness is a Walk in the Park

Monday 4 September

I was looking for a short, pleasant walk, somewhere near, to share with a not so agile friend. As you know, many adds appear on Facebook. On this morning, I was just browsing and 'Underwood Park' caught my eye. Over the many years that my boys played soccer, we had visited this complex many times, but only ever saw the soccer fields. The entrance had a pretty lily pond, so I made the decision that we would explore further. In all we walked 5 kms, but the unexpected find of the pond below was the highlight. The day had become quite warm, so the shaded seating was welcome. The variety of birdlife and their dulcet calls was delightful.


















I will be returning!

I would love to read your comment.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful birds and flowers! That park was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--- that was fun. It always surprises me somehow that plain ol' domestic white Pekin ducks look the same all over the world... Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can see why you would want to visit again. It looks very tranquil and full of birdlife. The water lilies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely park! And the lilies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes all you need is a local urban park and some wildlife for great walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning images Helen. I too would be extremely happy walking around Underwood Park. Soo much to see!
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete