Wednesday 18 September 2024

Early Tones of Autumn

 Arriving on Prince Edward Island is always a very special time, filled with the laughter, love and endless hugs of our Grandchildren. Adding to my bliss is the beauty of the island. Previously I have watched the unfolding of the magic of spring. This visit I have already spotted the changing of summer colour to autumn tones, although the summer temperatures are resisting a similar change.

Yesterday Frank and I spent several hours in the shade, beside the water, at Beach Grove near downtown Charlottetown. I took time to follow some of the trails and consequently many photos were taken.

On the way.




Park entrance


View as we relaxed.





Entering the trail.

Spot the squirrel.




Finally a Blue Jay that sat long enough for me to photograph its stunning colour.

Standing still to watch the squirrels feeding, I spotted these autumn tones.



Leaving the woodlands the path meandered through a golden meadow dotted with firs, larches and other trees not known to me. Again progress was slow.














Retracing my steps, I enjoyed the contrast of the golden colours with the blue of North River.



Back at Cornwall, I was thrilled to spot a flock of Canadian Geese.

After dinner we played soccer with Ben in the garden. The fading sunshine caught the spire of West River United Church and then the Harvest Moon rose.



An amazing start to my autumn experiences.  We will have to return to Beach Grove just before we return home, to observe the contrast a few weeks makes.

I would love to read your comment.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely start. Looking forward to watching autumn progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be in contact soon. We look forward to seeing you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warm welcome to PEI in every way possible but I bet the best welcome were the hugs from your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete