Monday 15 April 2024

A Perfect Morning

Wednesday April 10.

Crisp, clear, stunning blue skies have finally arrived with cooler temperatures, leading into our winter.
Notice, I don't use the term autumn. Noone here does. We are complaining that the days are shorter but loving the absence of humidity. 

During this week, I changed my daily route to include Mt Warren Hill, in preparation for Sunday's climb of Mt Maroon. The images below would have been taken from about 6.30 am on. Not an autumn tree to be seen.



A clear view of Brisbane's skyline. [approx 40 km away.]

Mt Tamborine in the distance, where we often take rainforest/waterfall walks.

A 'green' street, just below the ridge I had walked.


Mt Warren Boulevade.

Yvonne Street, which I normally walk down to get to the oval.

View from the Boulevade down to the Albert River.

A stunning Leopard Tree against the blue sky.

These grasses always thrill me in the morning sunlight, with a gentle breeze blowing.

After a summer of rain, any open field/meadow is totally overgrown with tall grasses and weeds.

The only sign of autumn - the frangipani losing its leaves.

The wattle are in bud.

Wattle and yellow Alamanda vine.

As winter arrives, the roses and annuals finish, but there is still plenty of colour to be seen in our gardens.

Gorgeous flowering gum or eucalpytus.

Ixora plants - small, top L, mine. Top R a massive specimen.


The bougainvilleas are always showy. Sometimes contained. Often left to their wild devices.


These shrubs on the edge of a garden, were a haven for several Fairy Wrens. I was so glad I had my camera with me. I'd hoped to spot a koala on the ridge.


Throughout this walk of 7 kilometres, I was often greeted by the sweet scent of the Mock Orange shrub. 


I loved the seeds of this unnamed tree.

More colour.



My garden looking lovely on this wonderful blue sky day.

So, this is how autumn looks in the sub tropics. It was the most beautiful morning to be out walking.

I would love to read your comment.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your colorful walk with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it is very different to the wonderful spring colour that you are discovering on your hikes at present. I love following you each season of the year.

      Delete
  2. It looks so inviting! Gorgeous skies, and nature at its best. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very inviting Marie, but a week of rain and cloudy skies then followed. Not that I am complaining.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! Each more beautiful than the other and indeed the deliciously-coloured hibiscus (?) and your garden are the loveliest.
    Enjoy the pleasant season!
    (We are still waiting for spring to arrive. :))
    PS Thank you for your latest comment! Well remembered about the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The regular rain this summer has certainly created some spectacular hibiscus this year. My garden is looking lovely at present because of the regular summer rain. 🤞🤞🤞that spring is just around the corner.

      Delete
  4. So good to see your stunning blue skies. Intriguing to see all your different autumn plants. Still looks lovely and warm. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, these are all year plants. Living in the coastal tropics there is little difference in our plants all year. Many people try to plant annuals for spring, but they take too much water. A cottage garden may be grown successfully where there is some altitude. In my early days of gardening I wasted a lot of money trying to achieve the cottage garden look.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleasing to the senses! I wonder what that tree with the heart in the middle looks like at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree with the heart is in photo 9, RHS back view, Yvonne Crescent. It is still a perfect shape.

      Delete
  7. So why don't people say autumn? Your fall is so different, but lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, the only real change is the shorter days. The minimum is about 17 C and maximum up to 29C. We just enjoy no humidity.

      Delete
  8. You live in a very beautiful area. Reminds me a bit of parts of S CA (the nicer parts!). Lovely blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peter, our skies are just magical once summer leaves us.

    ReplyDelete