Tuesday 28 August 2018

Rainforest Beauty

Saturday 18 August

The first part of my visit with my brother and his wife in Mossman, north Queensland, took me to its wonderful beaches. Today I was shown the beauty of the rainforest.

At Shannonvale Creek - a perfect summer escape from the heat, with no crocodiles or lethal stingers to worry about. Admittedly summer is also the wet season, so these tranquil waters could quite possibly be raging.












Stunning view of the Bluff, as we drove to Mossman Gorge.

Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Forest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. 

The boardwalk above the rainforest floor takes you to the boulder strewn Mossman River. 



A circuit trail of about 3 km then meanders through the rainforest.






This incredible, magnificent nature left me in total awe.

I would love to read your comment.

9 comments:

  1. What are the blue orbs?

    That twisted tree forms a beautiful border for one of your photos. I can't believe how crystal clear the water is in some of your shots.

    It looks like a beautiful place (and a hike I would be much more likely to attempt than your usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kim, the timing for my visit was just perfect to see it at its tranquil best.
    The blue orbs are the fruit of the rainforest quandong tree.
    The twisted tree is actually a liana or vine. This short article will tell you of their role in the rainforest. By its thickness, it has to be extremely old.

    https://rainforests.mongabay.com/0406.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rainforest looks cool and inviting. The signs made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually been there! I remember it as being very lush and humid. Beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many years ago, in the mountains east of San Diego, I rode my motorcycle across a concrete ford like that one. When I picked myself and the motorcycle up again... Well, I had a long walk to the nearest phone. As usual, great pictures, Helen-- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are lovely but I thinkt it's difficult for any photograph to do justice to the beauty of the area. It is one of my top favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Una maravilla de imágenes...un saludo desde Murcia....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible scenery and beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pictures, I'd love to have seen the rainforest in the wet season when I'm told it really comes alive with all the insects and flowers

    ReplyDelete