Friday 18 August 2017

Warwick - Jumpers and Jazz

Saturday 30 July, 2017 

Two weeks ago, I discovered that the country town of Warwick was having their 14th, Jumpers and Jazz Festival. This link will take you on my journey to Warwick and much of what I experienced.

http://outandabout3.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/day-trip-to-warwick-queensland.html

This post however, showcases the Yarn Bombing of Warwick's trees. Such amazing creativity of the Warwick community and surrounding areas.

Program cover


Sunday's program.


Main street and Post Office in background.

Town Crier and a jazz group, outside the Town Hall.

Hand knitted creations.

The Criterion Hotel's display.

Yarn bombed Trees, with the theme "Meander" - I'm disappointed that my photography doesn't show all the writing clearly.























I totally related to Warwick East State School's entry.





At the Art Gallery.







Definitely added to my calendar for a revisit next year.

I would love to read your comment.

6 comments:

  1. Love all the colorful "yarn bombs." So creative (especially the van and trailer). One of our statues in downtown Portland got yarn bombed once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That represents a whole lot of creativity! What a fun and colorful event to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears that everyone is having a great time--- lots of work for them, and for you to capture it all. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such creative knitters!!! My favourite has to be the VW campervan and caravan!
    Have a wonderful weekend Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great effort made by the whole community, if I HAD to pick a favourite I think it would be the Tree of Hope but they are all so clever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Love the bikes and the campervan. I'm not surprised you're going back!

    ReplyDelete