Saturday 12 October 2024

Special Outings

 I became a part of the world of bloggging just over ten years ago. During that time strong friendships have been formed across the world. Penpals of the modern world. It is such a thrill when the stars align to meet these distant friends. Alexandra in Calgary, Linda in Oregon and Marie on Prince Edward Island. 

With our eldest son Stuart and family living on Prince Edward Island, it is just wonderful to catch up with Marie and her husband Rick annually. Our husbands get on famously, so Marie and I can happily wander, chat and snap the beauty of the trail we are on. So many special places found to explore.



Last week we drove to the north west of the island. The autumn colours beside the road were stunning.

First stop, Northport harbour.
Marie and camera.









Second stop, Tignish shores.

It is not often I have found a pebbly beach to walk along here. Marie and I were excited to find several pieces of sea glass as we walked.





The empty nesting holes of the Bank Swallows.

View back along the beach. North Cape, our lunch destination and north westerlie tip of the island is indicated by the arrow.

Arriving at North Cape, I couldn't help but admire the reef, formed by the meeting of the Gulf of St Lawrence and Northumberland Strait. Very calm on this day. Seals were swimming in the Gulf and resting on the reef.
My images of the seals, definitely not as clear as from Marie's camera.


Marie's camera

After our delicious picnic lunch, I endeavoured to walk the length of the reef, but the tide had come in just too far for me. Sensibility reigned for once, as we were time poor at this point. A stroll around the cape was just as rewarding.






Seal scouts, setting the world to right!

On Thursday of this week, we joined Marie and Rick again, to walk the Summerside Rotary Trail, and a short walk of their beautiful coastal boardwalk. 

A trail filled with overflowing autumn tones. Progress was slow.














American Toad and Blue Jay.

The boardwalk views.



The boardwalk was quiet of creatures, until a group of Blue Jays flew in and sat long enough for me to photograph them.




Noone home!

How wonderful is the blogging world that Marie and I have met and that our friendship grows each time I visit the island. Our love of nature and photography binds this friendship. I hope that at some time in the future, I too will be able to share the beauty of where I live with one of my fellow blogging friends.

Marie's blog - https://islandmusingswithmarie.blogspot.com/

I would love to read your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment