Monday 7 October 2024

Autumn Magnificence!

 Monday 7 October

This post was to be about the the amazing beauty of PEI as experienced in this past week. I had begun creating that post this morning, prior to meeting Stuart at 7.30am, to accompany him on his round of disc golf at the Hillcrest Farm Disc Golf Course. 

The overcast sky, as we drove out, very quickly changed to glorious early morning sunshine which had the autumn colours popping and my camera snapping! I couldn't wait to share my excitement of this awesome morning.






A flock of Canada Geese flew overhead, soon after we started walking.


It wasn't long before we were in the woodlands, filled with golden colour. I did have to help retrieve a number of disc's from the dying undergrowth.













My favourite hole, eventhough Stuart lost a disc here.










Final hole.



The view exiting the course.

Just the most incredible morning enjoyed with my son.

I would love to read your comment,

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful there. Autumn colour has arrived! What a lovely morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fall color! A wonderful morning indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this perhaps the most beautiful disc golf course in the world? And your photos are excellent.
    Even water hazards! I have never seen a disc golf course with them. Fun but if you lose discs in the ponds, there will be more and more plastic in them. Or can they be retrieved when the ponds dry up?
    Thank you for the autumn beauty! Have a lovely day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't answer that question, Sara but it was most certainly an awesome experience for me. Stu spent ages with a thick stick [used by others] trying to slide the disc out, but to no avail.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I think the eastern parts of the US and Canada out dazzle the west with their colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was certainly impressed, Bill. It is lovely to pass the autumn colours in a speeding car, but just amazing to be walking under this canopy of colour, for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Special time with your son, enjoying beautiful autumn shades, getting your walk in, filling your lungs with fresh PEI air, all packaged together! I agree with you, INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete