Saturday 4 May 2024

A Busy Tweed River

 28 April, Mag's River Unit

I have recently spent a few days in my sister in law's wonderful riverside unit. It seemed that my climb of Mt Maroon [yet o be blogged.] had strained the muscles on my LHS, so this visit was for rest and to enjoy the view. I had brought several projects to keep me occupied, but they were constantly interrupted by the river traffic on Sunday morning. I am pleased to report, that after 2 weeks of rest, the side is all but healed.

Looking down river from the unit.


A hazy 8 am saw jet boat thrill seekers, heading to the river mouth.

A routine passing by the rescue crew. Thankfully no dramas today.


Trying to unhook the fishing lline from a snag.












Expensive to own, big or small, but everyone appeared to be enjoying their day on the river.

Meanwhile, over the headland, the World Surfing League's first event got underway. The surf wasn't big and I felt for each group of four riders, who have only 30 mins to catch as many waves as they can, to show off their skills. It is not a sport that I follow, but the couple of hours I spent watching, was fascinating. Some big names competed during the week.

Bonsoy Gold Coast Pro








I would love to read your comment.

17 comments:

  1. I'll bet it was relaxing watching the boats motor up and down the river. I don't know much about surfing either. I'm sure it was an interesting contest to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching the boats was quite the time waster.

      Delete
  2. Relaxation and sunshine, the perfect cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--- those pictures put me a boat on the river! I felt the slap of the boat bouncing on the waves. I heard the motor. I felt the wind. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect place to recuperate while enjoying the comings and goings :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleays difficult to leave but thankfully we have rather a special view across a golf course, so I soon adapt.

      Delete
  5. Glad to read you are healed, Helen. That was a beautiful location for R&R. Always something going on there.

    Those waves are a challenge. There are a lot of people braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pwerfect spot Marie. I don't think the surfers would agree about these waves being a challenge, though. The sea was incredibly calm, but I think things picked up during the course of the week of the competition.

      Delete
  6. Great pictures! I'm sure it was exciting to watch the surfers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surfing is very popular here in Australia.

      Delete
  7. Your view from the balcony of the unit sold me! Everything thereafter confirmed to me this was the perfect place for you to relax and get back to feeling fine again to be "out & about" !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim Fritzemeier6 May 2024 at 08:21

    I'm glad you're feeling better. It looks like you had a beautiful view to keep you occupied. The surf competition looks interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many wonderful photos. Love watching surfers.

    ReplyDelete