Saturday 17 February 2018

Snappy Fingers


Fiddler Crabs - Wynnum mangroves.


The tiniest baby snail I have ever seen, discovered when pruning my garden hedge.


A cloud of baby grasshoppers landed on our pool fencing.

Finding the unexpected under my caladium.


In the garden.

Morning walk.



Celebrating Austalia Day.

The very unusual leaf of a Eucalpyt in my Australia Day bunch of flowers.

The Waratah - New South Wales floral emblem.

You can't get much more Aussie than this. My youngest son lives in Perth and has just had a road trip down to beautiful Esperance and Cape le Grande National Park. I just had to share these stunning pics he sent us. Sadly, the second day of his visit it just bucketed down.


Thanks for visiting. I would love to read your comment.

8 comments:

  1. That snail is teeny tiny, and it is like is outer shell is translucent.
    A wonderful collection of wildlife photos Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--- I really enjoyed these. I wonder if a fiddler would make a good pet... There is much to see in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of all the tiny beings. I especially like the snail. Great pics from your son too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see a bit of wildflower color on this gray day when we have a thin layer of ice. I'm not complaining about the moisture, though. I wish we'd gotten more - preferably in liquid form.

    It looked like the kangaroo was doing his exercises at the beach! That made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos as always and a fascinating view from one side of Australia to the other

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed going through your beautiful summery photos. Here in Canada we're waiting for springtime to come along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping in. Our skies are rather grey the past few days with a whopping 199 mm / 8 inches falling in 36 hours.
      I visited your lovely part of the world in 2014 and now look forward to browsing through your blog.

      Delete