On Thursday, 27 August, 12.20 am, after 32 hours of travel and no sleep, I was finally greeted by my wonderful son at Charlottetown Airport. My body clock was still on Brisbane time, so even though I was feeling totally shattered, I only managed 5 hours of sleep before I was up and cuddling my Grandees.
The week before departure was stressful. Air Canada cancelled my flight from Vancouver to Toronto and offered me a refund, just 5 days before flying! Thankfully, our wonderful travel agent, Alana, spent many hours securing seats for me to travel a day earlier. 'The Book', my Grandfather's memoirs, was finally completed Saturday night. I pressed send Sunday morning, but there was a glitch! I had to wait until 9 am on Monday for assistance. Again, I was rescued by amazing service. Marie from Photobookshop spent most of the day guiding me through the problem. 9.30 am Tuesday finally saw the files successfully sent! The following day, at the same time, I was boarding Air Canada flight ACO36 to Vancouver.
Day one: the family had all left by 8.30. I sorted my luggage and then headed to my favourite pond. My tiredness faded immediately. My photos will tell you why.
Late summer colour
































Dear Helen, I am so happy to see your post, dear friend! Your photos are absolutely stunning and I enjoyed the short video as well! The views are beautiful and so lovely to see the flock of Canada geese, too!
ReplyDeleteLinda, the island is stunning. It was fascinating watching the ducks.
DeleteI'm glad you made it to PEI safely and hope you have a marvelous visit with your grands.
ReplyDeleteLinda, had i flown a week later thunderstorms over Toronto would have extended my journey a further 5 hours. I would have been shattered. So good to be here.
DeleteQueen Anne's Lace and Canada Geese. It could be here! Have a good time, Helen. Hug everyone and pass along our apologies for what the Orange Clown is doing.
ReplyDeleteA laugh and apologies exceped by Stuart. It is all so wonderfully beautiful.
DeleteI am so happy for you that you are once again at PEI! What a wonderful welcome from your son and for your first walk. Wishing you a beautiful bundle of cuddles from your Grandees! Enjoy your "island time"!
ReplyDeleteWeek one was exceptional. Week 2 looks like rain, rain and more rain.
DeleteGlad you arrived safely. Travel is never straight forward these days. I’m sure you’ll love your time with the family and enjoy the amazing countryside. It all looks so beautiful. B x
ReplyDeleteIt is incredibly beautiful and in total contrast to Oz. I am hoping the constant rain since Friday will disappear sooner than expected.
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of photos, Helen. I truly understand why you felt refreshed. The wooden viewing platform or deck overlooking the pond looks like a lovely place.
ReplyDeleteI hope the rains have ended by now. It's rainy here as well.
Enjoy your time there! xx